HERE TO HELP
Our focus is to uplift the community by providing access and exposure to people, places, and resources that will help our members grow. Check out the CBE Resource Guide below. Take what you need and leave what you don’t!
- For information on improving the ERG culture at your organization: check out The Association of ERGs and Councils and their annual Conference.
- Catherine Pugh’s article: https://humanparts.medium.com/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-white-ally-469bb82799f2
- To speak with one of CBE’s featured financial advisors, Travis Benjamin of Edward Jones about financial planning you can reach out to him at: (650) 631-5744 or Travis.Benjamin@edwardjones.com
- Federal Main Street Lending Program Main Street Lending Program. (Companies with up to 15,000 employees or $5 billion in revenue who were stable pre-COVID-19 crisis are eligible to apply. The loans can range up to a maximum of $300 million. The Fed has said it will purchase up to $600 billion in Main Street loans from banks. Treasury has provided $75 billion in taxpayer funds to absorb any losses. See details here: http://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/feds-program-for-loaning-to-main-street-off-to-slow-start.
- The Opportunity Fund, opportunityfund.org, recently received $10 million in additional PPP funds and they are doubling down on finding the small Black businesses who could use this assistance. The number to call is 1-888-720-3215, or the owner can email email@example.com with their interest in applying. If they provide a phone number in the email someone will call them back and answer their questions. They will be asked to fill out an application. Owners can file an application that can be found at this link: https://opportunityfund.venturesgo.com/portal/borrowerapplication. To learn more about the qualifying criteria, click here: Opportunity Fund PPP Process
- To learn more about opportunities with ImPAC Ca, visit: www.impaccalifornia.org.
- First time homebuyer program: https://www.naca.com/
- Investing in Real Estate: https://www.biggerpockets.com/rei/
- FHA 203(k) Renovation Loans: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/203k/203k–df
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (CTCAC) and the California Debt Limit Allocation Committee (CDLAC). https://www.treasurer.ca.gov/cdlac/
- CTCAC and CDLAC allocate critical resources related to affordable housing development in California. CTCAC allocates about $600 million in Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) annually and CDLAC allocates about $4.15 billion in tax-exempt private activity bonds annually. https://www.treasurer.ca.gov/ctcac/
Working with Vicarious Trauma for Therapists and Healers
Mondays 11am–1pm, June 22nd–August 3rd
Join us in this experiential weekly therapy group as we process and explore the ways in which our clients’ stories impact us. We will explore the challenges of Vicarious Trauma, Secondary Trauma Stress, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout, as well as self-care practices for health and sustainability. Therapists, therapy trainees and associates, life coaches, massage therapists, Reiki practitioners and other healing professionals are welcome. Up to 10 participants. Co-facilitated by Noelle Neglia (MFT trainee) & Daphne Ong (MFT trainee)
From the State of California
- Manage Stress for Health: https://covid19.ca.gov/manage-stress-for-health/ (includes 6 key stategies and link to download the CA Surgeon General’s Playbook for Stress Relief duirng COVID-19)
- Emotional Health and Wellness: https://covid19.ca.gov/resources-for-emotional-support-and-well-being/ (includes stress management tips and hotlines for additional support)
From Kaiser Permanente – resources open to the public, you do not need to be a member
- Emotional Wellness Resources: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/northern-california/health-wellness/mental-health/tools-resources (focuses on managing stress, sleeping better, parenting, and relationships)
From the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Resource and COVID-19 Guide: https://nami.org/covid-19-guide (comprehensive guidebook responding to FAQ specific to mental health support during this time)
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Stress and Coping: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- Healthy Eating Tips: https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/features/national-nutrition-month/index.html
- Household Checklist for COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/checklist-household-ready.html
From the American Heart Association
- Healthy Options while Grocery Shopping: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/cooking-skills/shopping/5-easy-ways-to-find-healthier-options-at-the-grocery-store
- Supporting Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic (NIH)
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health (SAMHSA)
- Managing Grief Over the Death of a Loved on During COVID-19 (NYC Health)